It’s a brave new world out there when it comes to technology. Sometimes things change so quickly that it can be hard to keep up. It might feel like just yesterday that you held a new smartphone in your hand for the first time and marveled at the idea that “there’s an app for that.” Today that promise is coming true. It’s possible to use your phone as a command center for just about everything — including your house.
Home automation relies on the Internet of Things, or IoT technology. This is a fancy way of describing appliances and devices that have been computerized so that they can “talk” to your computer, tablet, or phone. Everything from a light bulb to your refrigerator can carry computer chips and wireless technology that allow them to wirelessly connect to your smartphone.
This has amazing benefits when it comes to home security systems. When your motion detectors, alarms, and security cameras can talk to each other, you get the benefit of the very latest in modern convenience to keep your property safe. Here are the top five ways an automated security system can improve your life.
- Ease of Installation: Automated security systems are generally wireless. This makes them easier to install. You can do it yourself without having to worry about complicated wiring and placement — or you can have a professional quickly take care of it.
- Continuous Service: Wireless security system installation also offers extra convenience when you lose power. They operate on cell phone frequencies and have long-lasting batteries that only need to be changed every three to five years. That means you can set it and forget it until you get a phone alert reminding you to replace the batteries.
- Direct Notifications: When your security system is automated, you can receive instant alerts anytime someone tries to enter your home. This allows you to jump into action to save valuable time — and your belongings.
- Remote Control: Automated security systems turn your smartphone into a portable command center for your alarm. You can turn the system on or off from anywhere. This allows you to let the babysitter in or check to see who’s ringing the doorbell — no matter where you are.
- Full Connection: Many home automation systems allow you to control home security and other systems from one easy app. Imagine having fire alarms, security cameras, thermostats, and lighting all linked into one easy interface for the simplest possible functioning.
Do you like the idea of having your home be smart enough to keep out intruders and tell you all about it on your cell phone? You can make that happen! Call Maximum Security Services at (716) 628-5111 to find out more about all of your options. As one of Western New York’s most comprehensive home security companies, Maximum Security Services has everything you need to bring your home into the twenty-first century. Sign up for a free consultation to see how home automation can make your life more convenient.